4.17.2015

Reclaimed Goods

Hello again.

Just wanted to share a little more about the SHE Design House and one of my terrific sponsors AND give an update on our progress.....

First off, for those of you who are not familiar with the event, the Shelter for Help in Emergency has held this fund raiser since 2010. You may remember way back (can't believe it's been 4 years!) when I participated in the 2011 Design House. Area designers take on the design of a room in a house that is on the market and tickets are sold to tour the home and see the designs. Everything is done on a volunteer basis. All of the items in the rooms are loaned or donated. It is a terrific cause and wonderful way to build community within the designer-world of Charlottesville and those who are interested. I am very excited to be a part of it again this year.

Even more exciting for me is the wonderful group of people I am working with. I recently stumbled upon a new company called Reclaimed Goods who split their time and talents between C-ville and Rockport Massachusetts offering custom furniture and decorative items. Their website is being updated, but you can find some of their awesome creations on their FB page. Becky and Marcus have been so great to work with. They have generously offered several gorgeous pieces for my outdoor space that I know are going to grab a lot of attention.
Marcus and his bother/assistant assembling shelves on the hutch for our outside bar. The back is comprised of vintage doors and the wood is from a local barn. It's gorgeous!!

I'm headed to the house again today to hang another amazing custom piece. So excited to see it go up! I'll keep you updated. And please, if you're coming to tour the house, let me know. I'd love to see you!

Ami


No comments:

Post a Comment