4.20.2015

Maya Wood and Company

I just got a Facebook reminder that 4 years ago today, I posted about Maya Wood. Ironic that my plan for this morning was to post about him again this year! Maya Wood and Company has grown a whole bunch since the last SHE Design House and I am so grateful he was so generous with his help again this year!

Maya and his team are extremely talented in construction and renovation. Maya has a great vision and philosophy and I have had the privilege to work with them on several projects, including one where they made these awesome barnwood doors for me:
Photo  by Jen Fariello

Maya put more barnwood to good use with the custom daybed I designed and he built for the Design House. Here's a peek at my design:
 
He has turned this scribble into a masterpiece. You'll have to come out and see it!

I'm heading out this week to do the finishing touches -- my favorite part. The Design House opens May 2 and runs through May 17 at 810 Fray's Ridge Rd in Earlysville. Hours are daily from 10-4. They are open until 7 pm Wednesday and Thursday and are closed Tuesday. Please let me know if you're coming out -- I'd love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment