7.11.2011

This is how I "lodge".

I am not one to specify my own personal style, but I will safely say that "western" or "cabin" is not usually high on my list.  However, I had the opportunity to travel with my family to Denver recently and got to stay in a place that may make me change my mind.  The Hotel Monaco  is a Kimpton boutique hotel, one of my favorite resources for places to stay away from home.
 
Orange is expected for a western look -- cowhide, too, but I love the urban contemporary spin!  White leather, fabulous white lamps and an oversized headboard with a nod to the lasso.
 Love the flocked turquoise high-backed chairs with nailhead trim and the orange damask drapes.
Rustic logs are typical in a lodge, but these metal ones are a fresh, modern take.
Luxurious features
 Beautiful bead detail on the valance

 Bucking bronco embroidery on a silk and velvet pillow

Grasscloth insets for the drawers and more nailhead trim

Gorgeous pattern

What a great place for a cowgirl to take a rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment