6.13.2011

Makeover Monday: Color and Reflection Injection

My client for today's makeover truly couldn't be any cuter and she and her boyfriend are great young DIY'ers.  My job for her has been to generate decorating ideas and they have been hard at making them come to fruition on their own.  We started with her living room.  It's a great space, new construction, but the homeowner was not thrilled with the placement of the television or the flow of the room.  Here it is before:

I suggested adding a some color with fabric and a new rug and then found a great console to anchor the television.  It's not too deep to use up too much of the space and the mirrored doors actually add depth visually.

 I suggested a new furniture arrangement to open the room, but still allow for conversation.  Beautiful plaid taffeta drapes dress up the windows and a new chandelier gives this space some character.

BEFORE:
 AFTER:
This chandelier is a great illustration of my client's hard work; she refinished a brass chandelier she already had to coordinate with the space and added shades.  Great job!
Need some direction with your projects?
I'd love to help!

2 comments: