12.19.2010

More Holiday Decorating

While I truly love modern decor, for me, the holidays are a time to throw all minimalism out the window.  Today's post features unusual places I've found to add holiday embellishments in my home.

Finally, I am getting around to posting a photo of the console I wrote about receiving!!  Here it is in my dining room:
I absolutely love it, but I am absolutely not a photographer and those mirrors make taking photos without my reflection really difficult!

More apothecary jars with holiday contents adorn the top.  A mirror hung in the window provides a focal point with a beaded wreath hung inside. 
(A gift from friends - thanks Eddy family!)
 A simple stick with mirrored ornaments adds festive flair to the sideboard.
 Poinsettias and greenery in a metal entertaining bucket spruce up yet another mirror in the dining room. 

The kitchen is the heart of holiday entertaining, so why not give it a Christmas makeover too?
Fun holiday plates in a glass fronted cabinet 
(Thanks, Laura and Barbara!).
Garland accents on the pendant lights and more holiday plates above the cabinets.
More greenery draped along a curtain rod gives a holiday glow.
Simple sprays of Christmas greens in mercury glass urns give a cheerful accent to the piano.
Here's a fun way to display holiday cards:
Disclaimer:  This photo was taken early in the season; please do not be offended if you do not see your card pictured.  I have put them all on display, I promise!!


 This is just another garland with added greenery.  I used the wired branches to hold the cards.

And don't forget the Christmas tree!
We have a very traditional tree with lots of sentimental and handmade ornaments with fun glittery accents.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

Looking to freshen up your holiday decor for next year?  Right after the holidays is the perfect time to snag great deals and get a new perspective. 
Don't know where to start?  Give me a call!



No comments:

Post a Comment