10.07.2010

Special Occasions: Fall

Have you ever noticed how catalogs are completely driven by the seasons?  The fall issues feature gorgeous, rustic furnishings with spicy wallcoverings and autumn foliage.  But you can create beautiful autumn vignettes without spending a fortune on completely re-doing your space.
For example, this is the settee I have in my foyer:
Please excuse my amateur photography
It is a dark aubergine color that reads almost brown in my window-less space.  An orange throw and silk pillow turn this into a fall look, complete with a pinecone wreath.
I am not as fortunate with background color in my living room, but I still found a way to integrate fall decor.  Faux white pumpkins and gourds in apothecary jars do not compete with my grey-blue scheme.  A spray of dried grass provides height and drama.
 Glass vessels are very versatile accessories and are great to change with the seasons.  For fall, Indian corn is a beautiful filler.  Grey feather-wrapped balls fill a bowl in a chrome finish.
 HAPPY FALL, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment